Welcome to this latest blog post where we dive into the creative world of painted upholstery transformations, specifically with the use of Dixie Belle Paint. Known for its high-quality, easy-to-use products, Dixie Belle Paint offers a wide spectrum of colors that can breathe new life into any piece of furniture. And did you know that you can even use Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint on upholstery fabric? Okay, so now let’s learn more about Dixie Belle Paint On Fabric.
And if you would like to learn more about all that Dixie Belle Paint Products have to offer read more in this post – How To Use Dixie Belle Paint.
What is Dixie Belle Paint?
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. Find my full disclosure policy here.
Dixie Belle Paint is a brand of eco-friendly chalk mineral paint with low VOCs. This makes it safer for your home and the environment. This paint is well-loved for its self-leveling and easy-to-blend properties,.
This paint product also has great adherence to most surfaces with little to no prep required. Although most painters will say that some prep is a good idea and makes a difference in the finish.
Lastly Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint boasts a quick drying time and offers a full-coverage matte finish that can be easily distressed and/or sealed for a durable long-lasting finish.
And, as we’ll discuss in this post, Dixie Belle Paint’s ability to be used on upholstery fabric sets it apart. This opens up new avenues for furniture transformation. Many people are surprised to even learn that upholstery can be painted.
Other Posts That Review The Basics of Using Dixie Belle and Other Brand DIY Paints
Many people think that vintage, old upholstered furniture must be re-upholstered. However, in this blog I’ll show you examples of how this same furniture can be painted! Yes, I said painted upholstery!
It’s true that painting upholstery with chalk mineral paints is a great alternative to re-upholstering, which is very costly!
Come along with me in this post. First up, I’ll walk you through the basics of using Dixie Belle paint on upholstery fabric. Then, I’ll show you examples from across the web. So many beautifully painted upholstered pieces from furniture artists of impressive talent.
How To Paint Fabric Furniture With Dixie Belle
Next up, let’s talk about how to go about using Dixie Belle’s Chalk Mineral Paint on upholstered furniture. There are a few simple steps but it is overall a simple process.
- First, like most things to be painted, upholstery needs to be cleaned first. Just vacuum well to remove any dust or fuzz. Then clean it with water or if it has some stains then use Dawn soap and water and then rinse.
- Next, choose your paint color. There are so many gorgeous Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint colors to choose from. You can also use Dixie Belle’s Silk Paint for upholstery.
- Once you choose your color, thin it just a bit with some water if needed. You want the paint to be thin because you’ll use it like a dye, pushing the paint into the fabric somewhat, Kind of like staining the fabric.
- You can use any type of brush along with a misting bottle. Mist the upholstery fabric as you go to help the paint go onto the fabric well. You don’t want the upholstery fabric soaked, just damp.
- Let the first coat dry fully and then sand the fabric a bit. Just a little sanding with a fine to medium grit sandpaper like 180-220 grit. Then add additional coats as needed to get the coverage you want. But, always let each coat dry fully before applying the next.
- You can give the upholstery fabric a final light sanding if needed to soften it and then add a sealant. This step is not fully necessary, but optional. Many people choose to let it dry and leave as is. But some prefer to seal the painted upholstery.
- If you choose to seal your painted upholstery fabric, a good option is Dixie Belle’s Easy Peasy Spray Wax. It goes on so easy and works totally great for fabric. But you can use other sealants just like with painted furniture.
So that is it, a few steps and you’re done and the result is beautifully painted upholstery.
Dixie Belle Paint On Upholstery Fabric-Project Round Up
So next up I’ll share some furniture makeovers featuring painted upholstery. In these projects you’ll see examples from around the web. I think you’ll be surprised by so many of these finished results.
Summary: Dixie Belle Paint on Upholstery Fabric
Dixie Belle Paint offers a remarkable solution for upholstery fabric furniture makeover.. With so many vibrant colors and a few simple to follow steps, you can create beautifully refinished furniture.
But one key to a successful upholstery fabric makeover with Dixie Belle Paint is patience. You need to let each coat dry fully and apply more coats as needed.
So don’t throw away that old chair or dull couch. Instead, grab a can of Dixie Belle Paint and unleash your creativity. The satisfaction of transforming a drab piece of furniture into a personal work of art is incredibly rewarding and well worth the effort. Happy painting!