Embarking on a journey to revamp your home furnishings? Discover the magic of Redesign With Prima Furniture Transfers. These furniture transfers turn plain furniture into extraordinary masterpieces. With top-notch quality and a huge array of designs, these transfers are the secret ingredient to elevate your furniture makeovers. In this blog post, we’ll cover all you need to know about Redesign With Prima Furniture Transfers.
And if you are new to painting furniture check out this page for more tips and tricks on getting started – Chalk Mineral Paint Basics.
What are Furniture Transfers?
First, let’s start by answering the question, “What are furniture transfers?” Furniture transfers, also known as rub-on transfers or furniture decals, are high-quality images that can be applied to a variety of surfaces. They are mainly used on painted furniture but they can be applied to wood, metal, plastic, and even fabrics.
These transfers come with a protective backing sheet and require a burnishing tool to adhere to the desired surface. Once applied, they give a hand-painted or vintage look, enhancing the appearance of furniture and décor. We’ll talk more about how to apply the transfers later in this post.
There are several companies that make furniture transfers. And people can even make their own. but the most well-known company producing the majority of designs you see on the market today is Redesign With Prima. So, that will be the focus of this blog post.
As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission. Find my full disclosure policy here.
Why Choose Redesign With Prima Furniture Transfers?
Redesign With Prima has revolutionized the world of furniture transfers with their exceptional designs and superior quality. And, there are several reasons why you want to consider a Redesign With Prima transfer for your next project:
- Wide Range of Designs: From florals to whimsical vintage to farmhouse and shabby chic, Redesign With Prima offers a design to suit every style. You can choose from their extensive collection or mix and match for a personalized look.
- Easy Application: These transfers are effortless to apply, making it perfect even for beginners. Simply remove the protective backing sheet, place it onto the surface, and use a burnishing tool to adhere. No special skills or equipment required!
- Versatile: Redesign With Prima furniture transfers can be applied to various surfaces such as furniture, walls, glassware, fabric, metals, and more. Therefore you can refinish furniture and home décor and even upholstery fabrics all with the same product.
- Superior Quality: Made with the highest quality materials, these furniture transfers are durable and long-lasting. The images do not fade or peel ensuring your design remains beautiful for years to come.
- Affordable: Redesign With Prima offers top-notch quality at an affordable price. Therefore you can have fun with makeover projects without breaking the bank.
- Customizable: Use the transfers on painted furniture or existing finishes and even raw wood. Mix and match to make unique styles.
Now you can see why Redesign With Prima has become a popular choice among furniture painting artists. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced painter, these transfers are user friendly and fun to use.
Other Redesign With Prima Products
But, keep in mind that Redesign With Prima offers more than just furniture transfers. They also have a wide range of other products such as stencils, moulds, décor waxes and decoupage papers that can be used alongside the transfers to create unique and beautiful designs.
Here are a few makeovers featuring some of the other products that Redesign With Prima is known for:
- Create Raised Stencil Designs
- Favorite Redesign With Prima Products
- Silk Paint Deep Seas
- Silk Green Painted Table
- Painting A French Provincial Desk
- Side Table Makeover
- White Painted End Tables
- French Provincial Desk Makeover
- Glass Bead Gel
- Twin Headboard Makeover
- Nightstand Makeover With Stencil
- Laminate Hutch Makeover
- Coastal Blue Nightstand Makeover
Design Styles by Redesign With Prima
Redesign With Prima offers a variety of styles when it comes to furniture transfers and other products. And some are designed by well known furniture painters, like CeCe Design, Kacha and Annie Sloan. Each of their designs are unique and true to their different styles.
In addition to the designs created with furniture artists collaborations, Redesign With Prima also offers transfers in many themes such as French country, farmhouse, coastal, bohemian, and floral. The many versatile designs make it easy to find the perfect fit for any home décor style.
A few of my favorite transfers include:
- French Ceramics
- Kacha Petit A Petit
- Kacha Elegant Neutrals
- Champs De Lavende
- Kacha New Orleans
How To Use Redesign With Prima Transfers
One of the best things about Redesign With Prima transfers is how easy they are to use. Even if you’ve never done a furniture makeover before, you can achieve professional-looking results with these transfers.
All you need to do is clean and prep your surface well. Paint it or leave the existing finish. The most important thing is to make sure your surface is clean and dry.
You can apply the whole transfer or cut it to fit your surface. You can also mix pieces from various transfers to make your own unique combination. For instance, you can combine elements from a floral pattern with parts of a French country style to create a design that is truly unique to your home.
Once you cut out the transfer design to fit your space, remove the backing paper, and then apply the transfer to your furniture using a burnishing tool. Use either the stick that comes with the transfer or the Redesign With Prima Applicator Tool.
It’s really that simple!
Furniture Makeovers Featuring Redesign With Prima Transfers
- Farmhouse Style Painted Furniture
- Silk Midnight Green Dresser
- Painting A French Provincial Desk
- Painted French Provincial Lingerie Chest
- Silk Red Painted Credenza
- Round Accent Table Makeover
- Vintage Desk Makeover
- Painted Gossip Bench Makeover
- Painted Accent Table
- Crackle And Transfer Wooden Box
- Prima Decor Transfer And Crackle Finish
A Few Tips On Using Redesign With Prima Transfers
Like I said these transfers are simple to use, but trouble spots can be frustrating. So, I’ll share a few tips on using these transfers:
- if you make a mistake or want to change things up, don’t worry – these transfers are completely repositionable, meaning you can move them around until you achieve your desired look.
- If you get a bubble in your transfer during the application this can be tricky. If you can’t gently lift it and re-place it down without tearing the design you can get rid of the bubble using a simple technique. Take the tip of a craft knife like an Exacto and pop the bubble and then smooth it down. This will release the air in the bubble and make it disappear.
- To get rid of the white haze around the transfer edges that may be visible, especially on a dark painted surface, use a clean lint-free soft cloth to firmly rub across the transfer. This burnishes that hazy edge into the furniture and gets rid of that hazy film. This haze also tends to further disappear once the clear coat is applied.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match transfer designs. Cut out designs to fit your space and create you own unique styles. Even layer one design over another to create unique combinations.
- Mix and match colors too. The colors in the transfers don’t always have to match the paint. Your transfer design will really pop on a painted surface that is different than what is in the transfer.
How To Protect And Seal Furniture Transfers
After achieving your desired look with Redesign With Prima transfers, it’s important to seal the design to ensure its lasts a long time. This process is straightforward and can be done using a good quality clear coat sealer, such as Dixie Belle Clear Coat in Satin. Gator Hide is another great option.
Simply apply a thin, even layer of the sealer over the transfer using a soft brush, ensuring that the entire design is covered. Allow the first coat to dry completely, then apply a second coat if necessary for added protection.
Remember, sealing your transfers not only protects your hard work, but it also gives your furniture a beautiful, finished look. And, it adds a bit of sheen. If you prefer you can use a matte or flat finish, such as Dixie Belle Clear Coat in Flat.
Summary: Redesign With Prima Transfers For Painted Furniture
In conclusion, Redesign With Prima Transfers offer a wonderful and creative way to breathe new life into your painted furniture. They are easy to use, versatile and the possibilities for unique design combinations are virtually endless. So don’t hesitate to explore, mix, match, and above all, enjoy the process of creation.
With proper application and care, these transfers will give your furniture a lasting and beautiful finish. Whether you’re a seasoned furniture painter or trying your hand at furniture painting for the first time, these transfers are sure to enhance your work and help you achieve a truly personalized piece.
Have fun, get creative, and happy painting!